[nycbug-talk] fetchmail pointers

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 18:22:01 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 02:10:22PM -0700, Peter Wright wrote: > > > > > Thanks for the heads up Thomas!

> ESR was the original fetchmail author no? - so i'll have to take a serious
> look at getmail.

Getmail (more properly getmail--oh, darn, I just deleted that message
from the program's author on the getmail list) is a nice program.  I
have a page to quickly get you up to speed, it was listed, when getmail
changed from 3.x to 4.x in ports/UPDATING for awhile.  :)
</end_of_spam>  Oh, not quite the end, I oughta give the page.

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/getmail.html

(The reference to the email by the author was on the getmail
list--someone called it GetMail and Charles posted that it should be
called getmail as someone apparently took the name GetMail for a
commercial MS app.)

It's an excellent program, the program's author faithfully monitors the
getmail mailing list and quickly answers queries.  Most bugs are fixed
very quickly.  For example, I reported one that was fixed either the
next day or the day after.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Spike: What's this? Sittin' around watching the telly while
there's evil still afoot? It's not very industrious of you. I say
we go out there and kick a little demon ass! What, can't go
without your Buffy, is that it? Let's find her! She is the chosen
one, after all. Come on! Vampires! Grrr! Nasty! Let's annihilate
them, for justice, and for... the safety of puppies... and
Christmas, right? Let's fight that evil! Let's kill something!
Oh, come on!