[nycbug-talk] Xen & FreeBSD

H. G. tekronis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:20:25 EDT 2007

On 8/1/07, H. G. <tekronis at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was just wondering, has anyone managed to get FreeBSD running under Xen?
> Anyone managed to get it to run as dom0, even?
>
> In my humble (and worthless) opinion, I think Xen would make an awesome
> companion
> to jails, since having the both of them means you have the option of both
> "lightweight"
> and "heavyweight" virtualization.
>
> So if anyone has managed to get this going, I'd be happy to hear about it.
> :)

Sorry about replying to my own post, but I wanted to be clear that I was
referring to using
a modified kernel, not using Xen + hardware virtualization (which would let
you run anything,
even Windows, I think).  I'm interested in running a modified FreeBSD kernel
expressly modified
for running on the Xen hypervisor.  There was work being done on that in
CURRENT, I believe.