[nycbug-talk] Cambridge Researcher Breaks OpenBSD Systrace

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Thu Aug 9 19:59:04 EDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Marc Spitzer wrote:

> An anonymous reader writes "University of Cambridge researcher Robert
> Watson has published a paper at the First USENIX Workshop On Offensive

I'm just wondering if he contacted OpenBSD , "Systrace, Sudo,
Sysjail, the TIS GSWTK framework, and CerbNG" first, and worked out a
disclosure timeframe

I couldn't find that information anywhere.

Personally, I find that the difference between wanting to offer a
security researcher a "THANK YOU!!!!" or a 'F**k You for disclosing
holes in software before I had time to patch my system'