[nycbug-talk] Tax for Hardware Donations?

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at exit2shell.com
Tue Aug 28 12:15:39 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 11:56:45AM -0400, Isaac Levy wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I have a client with an old Apple G4 PPC Xserve, which they'd like to
> donate to some charity- but they want to do the tax-receipt voucher.
>
> Does the FreeBSD foundation, or any others, have a mechanism in place
> for this?  Perhaps I should hit the PPC over there list to get
> someone exited about this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rocket-
> .ike

Donations to the FreeBSD Foundation are tax deductible.

Check out: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/ for more informaiton.

Cut and Paste of the lawyer sounding part from that page:

Under US tax law, contributions to the Foundation are normally tax-deductible.
Contributors are urged to seek professional tax advice to ensure that their
particular contributions meet the requirements for deductibility.

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer