[nycbug-talk] Install FreeBSD on a ZFS system 'root' partition HOWTO scripts

Yarema yds at CoolRat.org
Fri Dec 21 03:23:58 EST 2007

Hi,

At a recent NYC*BUG meeting Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> suggested I let
you know about my efforts to make installing FreeBSD root-on-zfs relatively
painless.  The scripts and writeup can be found at
http://yds.CoolRat.org/zfsboot/

I've used this zfsboot script to install onto a single drive and also onto
a four drive raidz with good results.  And I used the usbinstall script to
prepare a bootable USB flash disk for running the zfsboot install.

Thanks for making ZFS on FreeBSD a reality.

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org