[nycbug-talk] Extreme mobile BSD

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Dec 21 17:18:04 EST 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Andy Kosela wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2007 5:32 AM, nikolai <nikolai at fetissov.org> wrote:
> > And how's this for holiday entertainment :)
>
> Yes the terminal on the iphone is definetly bangin, i can ssh to any
> remote server and do a regular administration work basically from
> anywhere! I'm still missing nmap though, I need to dig deeper into
> iphone's toolchain. As for real entertainment there is now ScummVM port
> so I can play all my favorite LucasArts and Sierra classic adventure
> games.
>
> PS. and of course iphone also has frotz to play IF games :)
iphone is b-game as far as remote admin is concerned

current laptop-replacement jesus is nokia n810

800x480 LCD (!!!)
qwerty keyboard (!)
runs linux (+)
open source code, yes, really, you can recompile everything (!!!)
wifi onboard
no wireless, will tether through your phone (-)
API is on top of X, you can toss your X session onto it (!!!)

It is a lil bit bigger than iphone, but still small enough to carry in
your back pocket for "oh shit" moments. generally, anything you can do on
laptop you can do on n810.

-alex