[nycbug-talk] Proof that road runner sucks?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Dec 26 18:00:17 EST 2007

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 02:50:00PM -0500, Jesse Callaway wrote:

> I have RoadRunner. I called to complain that my bill was too high and
> they said that I could get the same service, but resold through
> Earthlink. Earthlink bought Mindspring a while back, so I guess the
> DNS is all mixed up.
> Anyway, I switched back to RoadRunner because they now offer a service
> that's cheaper than Earthlink.
> Does'nt explain the slowness, but no need to worry. It's all on the
> same layer2 network, since I've had the same modem ever since I was
> hooked up several years ago.

I've had trouble with them a couple of times, where I was getting what
seemed to be unexplained slowness.  The first time, someone came out and
couldn't find anything, so I called them again, and asked to exchange my
modem, as it seemed a likely point of failure.  Changing the modem fixed
it.

It happened to me again this year--I didn't ask for service, I just
asked if I could exchange my modem, they said yes, I did and once again,
everything was fine.

This isn't really an answer to your issue, but posted more for general
reference.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: I don't care if it is an orgy of death, there's
still such a thing as a napkin.