[nycbug-talk] AsiaBSDCon, March 8-11

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Sun Feb 11 15:26:18 EST 2007

Hey All,

The fine folks running AsiaBSDCon are looking to spread the word
about the conference, the schedule is now online!  Pretty excellent
lineup, their tutorial sessions all look pretty hardcore.  It seems
to me the heavy focus of the conference is of course on BSD's
strength in ISP and heavy network contexts- (no KDE tuning sessions?
What?!).
Also, of note, lots of IPV6 stuff at this conference, (in *the*
country which actually runs *production* grade IPV6 infrastructure!)

I'll be there, and would love some company...

(please note, USD conversions are subject to change, just posted here
for our convenience)

CHECK OUT THE SCHEDULE:
http://asiabsdcon.org/timetable.html

AsiaBSDCon 2007
University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Thursday, March 8 to Sunday, March 11th, 2007

Registration Fees
Delegate (non-student):
   10,000JPY, ($83usd) (until February 28, 2007)
   12,000JPY ($99usd) (after February 28, 2007)
Student:
   3,500JPY ($29usd) (regardless of the above periods)

Full-day Tutorial:
   12,000JPY/class ($99usd)
   (6,000JPY ($49usd) for students)
Half-day Tutorial:
   6,000JPY/class ($49usd)
   (3,000JPY ($24usd) for students)

--
As an aside, it's 'off season' travel to Tokyo from the US, so if you
book tickets soon, it's the cheapest time of year to go (right before

Rocket-
.ike