[nycbug-talk] Day Light Savings time changes on March 11

Mikel King mikel.king at techally.com
Wed Feb 21 14:43:48 EST 2007

I have learned that upgrading to FreeBSD 5.5 or 6.2 will install the
necessary patches to the for the zone info. I have also heard that:
If you don't want to or can not upgrade, then installing misc/
zoneinfo port and rerun tzsetup will also correct the issue. I am
curious about the state of the DST changes under the other BSDs. Does
anyone have any information for Net, Open, etc...?

Cheers,
Mikel

ps: I do know that 90% of the DST patches for Mac OS X Tiger were
deployed during the 10.4.5 update, and Apple recently issue a tz
update for the remaining handful of zones that were just ratified.
And that the new update requires 10.4.8 to already be applied.