[nycbug-talk] nycbsdcon 2006

George R. george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Jan 4 13:17:20 EST 2007

Miles Nordin wrote:

> n> I assume the audio is around when we're ready, right NF?
>
> I kinda figured.
>
> In that case I would suggest you not invite them back.  I heard the
> talk was really neat, but BSD is about openness.  We already went
> through the AT&T fiasco with some community members being
> site-licensed insiders forbidden to share what they knew with others:
>

> http://crackmonkey.org/unix.html (search for ``The curtain fell'')
>
> Our meetings and conferences should not be held like a persecuted
> underground movement because some large company feels threatened,
> IMO.

Nice.

The reality is that having a speaker who works for a major corporation is
probably going to have to have the meeting signed off on and approved by
various internal characters and processes.

That's reality.

You are aware of the issue because it's come up, but it's never been
public knowledge until now.