[nycbug-talk] Anyone besides me work at or around Columbia?

Jim Brown jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net
Tue Jan 23 17:03:14 EST 2007

* Joshua S. Freeman <jfreeman at columbia.edu> [2007-01-23 16:32]:
> Hey all,
>
> I have an IBM thinkpad that is dual boot XP Pro and FreeBSD 5.?? (haven't
> booted in to FreeBSD in longer than I care to admit.)
>
> I would like to get back on the FreeBSD horse and really get more adept at
> administration the FreeBSD way... I have a tutorial printed out on how to
> get wifi networking working on the Thinkpad under FreeBSD but given my deep
> level of inexperience I'd feel so much better doing this with someone who
> has a shot of bailing me me out if things go south.
>
> I'll buy the beer... Anyone wanna get together and give it a shot sometime?
> We can do it during work hours or after... I'm easy.
>
> TIA,
>
> Joshua
> --

Hi Joshua,

I just went through this on my T42.  I bought a Linksys Wireless G
and set it up last weekend.  I'm using WPA-TKIP.

There's an excellent introduction in the handbook- Chapter 27.3.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/book.html#NETWORK-WIRELESS

Very readable.

Best Regards,
Jim B.