[nycbug-talk] 6.2 -- Linksys wusb11 wireless supported?

Gordon Smith g at bin-arts.com
Sat Jan 27 17:27:28 EST 2007

In a manner of speaking, yes, there *is* documentation on the installation
of an appropriate driver for your wireless NIC.  "The NDISulator" is
documented here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/config-network-set
up.html#CONFIG-NETWORK-NDIS

Talk about clever approaches to problem solving.

I used "the NDISulator" to install a Linksys 802.11G card and NDIS driver in
a cruddy old laptop running FreeBSD 5.4 ~ a year and a half ago.  It worked
beautifully.

Gordon Smith