[nycbug-talk] OT: Apache/mod_rewrite question

David Lawson dave at donnerjack.com
Sun Jan 28 23:21:36 EST 2007

All you want is to force all traffic through SSL?  This will do it:

<Insert generic SSL stuff here>

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443

<VirtualHost *:80>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(.*)$
RewriteRule ^(/?.*) https://%1 [R=301]
</VirtualHost>

That'll force a 301 redirect to https.  You can refine it if need be,
but it'll do basically what you want I think.

--Dave