[nycbug-talk] Django Web Framework

Peter Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Jul 2 18:45:18 EDT 2007

hey all - we are evaluating some web frameworks and have come across
Django (for which I hope they are not referencing Django Reinhardt's
virtuoso talent despite being being severely crippled ;)  But I
digress....

http://www.djangoproject.com/

anyone have experience using this framework in production?  we already use
ruby on rails for some apps, not to mention mod_perl, mod_python, JSP
etc....

the department in question does not see the need to start training on yet
another scripting language since they already standardized on python for
pretty much everything else.  any good experiences, bad experiences?  this
bit kinda really scares me:

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/api_stability/

That, and the fact that apparently you have to restart apache if any code
changes are made ?!?

-pete

ps -> Ike, I did lobby for Zope - sorry!  I guess it's not new and
unstable enough for them ;p

--
~~oO00Oo~~
Peter Wright