[nycbug-talk] (Slightly OT) Good knapsack recommendation

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Thu Jun 7 20:57:08 EDT 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 8:19 PM, Josh Rivel wrote:

> I'm looking for a good lightweight, but comfortable knapsack to
> carry my Dell D420 (12.1" widescreen) in.  I'm currently using a LL
> Bean knapsack, which is very big, and doesn't offer any padding or
> cushioning for the laptop.  I also have a Ogio knapsack (Don't
> recall the model) but it's very heavy even whem empty, and does not
> have a lot of space despite it being a large bag.
>
> I know this is a pretty subjective question, but the choice of
> knapsacks is kind of overwhelming, and if people could let me know
> what knapsacks they are using for lugging around their laptops, that
> would be gerat.  Feel free to reply back off-list so as not to
> clutter it up with this highly non-technical question!
>
> Thanks so much in advance,
> Josh

Josh-

I use 2 items that I can suggest

	i said screw damage a while back, and started buying disposable
laptops ( $1k price point ).  after looking for months, i finally
bought a laptop bag from Jack Spade.

	http://www.jackspade.com/shop/product.php?
productid=19618&cat=248&sku=CH8446765C600

	its a little pricey, but completely worth it.   it has a removable
padded laptop sleeve, a ton of pockets & organizers.
	it handles a book (why not?), laptop, misc cables, ipod, camera, etc
etc etc ,  in a super convenient & accessible manner.

	if you're worried about damage, the laptop case from ZeroHalliburton
is great.  its the same thing that they use for guns, drugs & cash in
spy movies ( polished aluminum hard case )

	http://www.zerohalliburton.com/computers/aluminum/computer_zseries.jsp