[nycbug-talk] Backups: Bacula vs. Amanda

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Tue Jun 19 21:02:48 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Anyone here evaluated both of these lately?  Quite some time ago I did,
and found Amanda to be the winner...  These days though I'm finding that
Amanda has been getting really buggy (at least on FreeBSD) and more full
of linuxisms since the Zmanda folks took over development.

Looking through the Bacula docs, it looks pretty decent.  I barely
remember why I disqualified it 4 or 5 (or maybe 6) years ago...

Any input on these two packages is appreciated.  Or if there's something
else out there I haven't heard of, I'd like to know about it.

Thanks,

Charles