[nycbug-talk] AsiaBSDCon!!!!

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Sat Mar 10 20:16:07 EST 2007

On Mar 10, 2007, at 12:52 PM, George Rosamond wrote:

> I haven't been, but to me the most interesting thing is the 'tech
> ghetto' Akihabara.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara
>
> Full of crazy gadgets for soldering or plugging into your USB
> port. . .
>
> It sounds like it's worth the 18 hour flight itself.

I totally got lost in Akihabara district, the 'Electric Light
District'- if one wanted to build a robot army anywhere, it would be
right here-
I SERIOUSLY wish we had something like this in NYC- it's like if
times square was turned into a Mouser electronics catalog everything
from weird network embedded components, cellphone charms, to EVERY
solderable component imaginable, mad computer scientist action, to
heavy servers, to vaccum tubes (for the uber-perverted), to anime
game stuff, manga madness and video games, to whatever computing.
It's totally nuts.  Had to take a nap after that experience.  Like
for example, you can buy solderable USB plugs just about on any
corner in Akihabara...

Have pics- will figure out what to do to post them...

(sidenote- the Con is AMAZING... More on that later)

Rocket-
.ike