[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD Approved for Redistribution of Intel WiFi Firmware

Miles Nordin carton at Ivy.NET
Sun Mar 11 12:11:39 EDT 2007

    od> URL's

there's the ``only open for business'' openbsd talk posted here a
while ago, which almost made me want to stop telling jokes at Theo's
expense.

 http://www.openbsd.org/papers/opencon06-drivers/mgp00024.html

That talk was the first thing I thought of when I read the post,
``This is FANTASTIC NEWS!  Not only is FreeBSD using .o's to force us
all into beta-testing unstable Atheros HAL's that no NDA-signing
licensee would ever load into their access points for Sam Leffler and
his $EMPLOYER, but now FreeBSD is also enabling Intel's binary blob
regime!  Aren't you all as thrilled as I am?''

I especially like the part where they invented their own form of
click-wrap license.  how original!  monkey-see, monkey-grovel.