[nycbug-talk] AsiaBSDCon!!!!

Tim A. techneck at goldenpath.org
Mon Mar 12 10:33:38 EDT 2007

Isaac Levy wrote:
> I Love Tokyo!
>
> On Mar 10, 2007, at 2:02 PM, Yusuke Shinyama wrote:
>

>> Akihabara has changed a lot. It used to be the place where
>> ubergeeks get together, but recently the town has been turned into
>> more like a anime/hentai palace for the mildly perverted.  Lots of
>> nice stores has closed or moved and bizarre business is coming
>> up at the sites. cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay_restaurant

Apparently, Shenzhen is the current incarnation of geek paradise on earth.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with Andrew "bunnie" Huang,
author of
"Hacking the Xbox: An Introduction to Reverse Engineering"
Which, by the way, is an *excellent* book.

 From Bunnie's Blog, an interesting post on this topic:

Akihabara, Eat Your Heart Out,
http://www.bunniestudios.com/wordpress/?p=147

A more recent, related post: