[nycbug-talk] How common is blocking outbound 25/tcp? (Re: AsiaBSDCon!!!!)

Yusuke Shinyama yusuke at cs.nyu.edu
Wed Mar 14 10:10:08 EDT 2007

Speaking of Japan, although I'm away from admin jobs there for
several years, I've heard blocking outbound 25/tcp is fairly
pervasive in the most major Japanese ISPs now.  I'm curious how
this is common in the US or any other country.  Does anyone have
any experience or statistics on this topic?  Googling with the
related keywords mostly pops up Japanese pages, but seems like not
many US ISPs are doing this... Is there any reason behind?

Thanks
Yusuke