[nycbug-talk] Enterprise BSD Success / Failure Stories

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at f2o.org
Thu Mar 15 12:16:51 EDT 2007

Greetings-

For an upcoming NYCBUG meeting, we would like to find a few people
with stories of running BSD in production. Have you ever either
replaced an existing solution with BSD, or were forced to replace a
BSD solution? For instance, replacing a commercial load balancing
product with two openbsd machines running carp, replacing some
blackbox spam filter with spamd or having to migrate to Linux because
MySQL underperforms on FreeBSD.

The overall goal of the talk would not be so much of a "this is how
we setup spamd", but more along the lines of these are the real world
actual results of running spamd in production. The talk would outline
the issues they were having with the existing solution, migration
paths they evaluated and the results of those evaluations and how
their current solution is performing.

If you have a story to share and would like to give a presentation of
your experience, please send us a short description of what happened
to admin at nycbug.org. We are hoping to find 3 or 4 people.

Thanks

SK