[nycbug-talk] IPv6 NY-US Roll Call

Yusuke Shinyama yusuke at cs.nyu.edu
Thu Mar 22 15:30:31 EDT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:51:23 -0400 (EDT), alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Isaac Levy wrote:
>
> > Does anyone on this list, in NY or America in general run IPv6 services?
> Seriously? As in production, money-carrying traffic? No.
>
> On nanog conferences, it is always talked about, but it is a
> chicken-and-egg problem: providers will not sell IPv6 until there's
> customer demand. There's no demand, cause, well, why'd you *want* ipv6.

This reminds me the points that Daniel Bernstein has made several years ago...
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/ipv6mess.html

Well, I have seen lots of arguments for IPv6 in Japan... and they
are actually being deployed for IP phones.  But it seems they're used
as an alternative network rather than the global replacement of IPv4.

Yusuke