[nycbug-talk] Connecting a MacOS X client to an isakmpd VPN server...

Andy Michaels lego at therac25.net
Thu May 3 15:53:08 EDT 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Miles Nordin wrote:

>   bas> Right now (as in, I stopped to reply to this), I'm having
>   bas> moderate success using racoon(8) 0.7x with Cisco VPN Client
>   bas> 4.x.
>
> how about NAT traversal?  and on which BSD?
>
> and is it a good idea to buy Cisco's VPN client for Mac OS X, or is
> there something better-integrated that comes with Mac OS X?

Thanks for the reply, Brian, I have similar questions and some
clarification.  I'm trying to use non-commercial software, so my ideal
setup would be:

VPN server| <--IPSEC--> | Mac using built-in Apple VPN client

on the VPN server side, I'd heard that isakmp was the simplest wrt setup
effort.  I'm willing to look at freeswan or racoon.  I've heard freeswan
is no fun.

-Andy