[nycbug-talk] Fully managed datacenter for Freebsd servers

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Wed May 9 22:41:46 EDT 2007

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Anyone can recommend a fully managed datacenter?
> Specifically one that supports Freebsd.
>
> We basically want to select a hardware package from the data center; they
> get the machine, install FreeBSD and we will just connect through a KVM and
> do anything/everything we need.
>
> Remote power cycling would be a great added feature too.
You have the terminology wrong. The above is not fully managed. The above
is self-managed.

Fully managed means you don't have to administer the server yourself (such
as package upgrades, security monitoring, etc, etc).

We do both. Prices for self-managed are at
www.pilosoft.com/dhostoptions.html

Prices for full management depend on the software that we have to manage
(i.e. sendmail/mysql/whatever it is that you are running).