[nycbug-talk] what happened to darwinports?

David Rio Deiros driodeiros at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:24:33 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 07:31:38PM -0400, Amitai Schlair wrote:
> On May 9, 2007, at 1:33 AM, David Rio Deiros wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 07:06:42PM -0400, Amitai Schlair wrote:
> >> You can also NFS-mount pkgsrc from somewhere else, if you have a
> >> suitable somewhere else. But the disk image approach isn't too bad.
> >> You only need enough case-sensitive disk image for pkgsrc itself;
> >> almost all packages can build and install on case-insensitive
> >> filesystems.
> >
> > Apparently the instructions in bootstrap/README.Darwin put everything
> > in the disk image.
>
> At the time the instructions were written, it was worth being that
> conservative. They should probably be updated.
>
> > I guess you would replace these:
> >
> > $ sudo ./bootstrap \
> >     --prefix /Volumes/NetBSD/pkg \
> >     --pkgdbdir /Volumes/NetBSD/pkgdb
> >
> > with something like this?:
> >
> > $ sudo ./bootstrap \
> >     --prefix /Users/myhome/pkgsrc/pkg \
> >     --pkgdbdir /Users/myhome/pkgsrc/pkgdb
>
> Sure, if that's where you want stuff to go. I use:
>
> $ sudo ./bootstrap \
>      --prefix /usr/pkg \
>      --pkgdbdir /usr/pkg/.pkgdb
>      [...]

How do you skip this?:

drio at simba:/Volumes/NetBSD/pkgsrc/bootstrap $ sudo ./bootstrap \
> --prefix /usr/pkg \
> --pkgdbdir /usr/pkg/.pkgdb
===> running: /bin/sh /Volumes/NetBSD/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/install-sh
-d -o root -g wheel /usr/pkg/pkgsrc-REQUIRES-case-SENSITIVE-filesystem
"/usr/pkg" needs to be on a case-sensitive filesystem (see README.Darwin)