[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD sdiff port to FreeBSD

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at f2o.org
Thu May 17 11:47:33 EDT 2007

Greetings-

OpenBSD includes a version of sdiff written by our very own Ray
Lai, and released to the public domain.

In a quest to remove as much GPL code from FreeBSD as possible, I
ported it over.

If you want to try it out, You can download the source at
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer/code/sdiff.tar.gz

To install:
$ su -
# cd to /usr/src
# patch -p0 < /path/to/sdiff-cvs-merge.patch
# sh /path/to/sdiff.shar
# make buildworld && make installworld

Let me know if you encounter any problems. I would like to see if
I can get the GNU version of sdiff removed and replaced with this
in FreeBSD. It might be somewhat of an uphill battle, but it is
worth a shot.

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer