[nycbug-talk] greytrapping without greylisting?

Mark Sams msams992000 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 2 17:25:09 EDT 2007

----- Original Message ----

 -
> why 'trap' an ip address when you don't care about the ip the next time
> around?

Hi,

Sorry I am such a noob at all this grey stuff that I am probably asking
the wrong thing, or maybe you gave me the answer and I just don't
understand. I have an email address

fishk at domain.com

(that never existed and is unused - its not a valid address) that receives spam from spambots
every day.  I would like to blacklist/trap the IP address that sent
that email - as that same IP is sending hundreds of spam messages as well. I believe this is exactly what greytrapping does, but then
I would have to enable greylisting which would cause all "normal"
client emails to be delayed the first time when greylisting issues the
451 message. My clients wouldn't understand why some of their inbound emails are delayed.

Is there a simple way to blacklist/trap the ip that is sending to fishk at domain.com and I don't need greytrapping at all?

Thanks again.

National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week. Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV. http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/national-bingo-night/