[nycbug-talk] IPv6 Followup

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Nov 9 12:13:23 EST 2007

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Jim Brown wrote:

> As it happens, I now have an assignment to write a position paper on
> IPv6 for a client.  Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the last two
> BUGs.
See and listen to this and make your own conclusions
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0710/bush.html
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0710/real/nanog41-transition.ram

> If anyone wants to offer their expert opinion on all things IPv6, I'm
> interested.
ipv6 will happen. it has to. you should get yourself *ready* to run it -
there's no harm in it. generally, it no longer requires equipment
investment, just configuration. operationally, however, nobody cares.

that's roughly the position.