[nycbug-talk] IPv6 Followup

Yusuke Shinyama yusuke at cs.nyu.edu
Fri Nov 9 21:05:59 EST 2007

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:44:13 -0500, George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
> Alex:
>
> Not sure if you've done any traveling, but apparently it's big in .jp.

No, not really...

Having moved to Tokyo for a couple of months, I haven't seen much
of IPv6 stuff here and there. Yes, it's *relatively* a bit better
than the states. Or maybe. Basically they're winded. Quick
googling gives a couple of big Japanese websites, like:

IPv6 section of Atmark-IT (a famous it-related news site in japan)
http://www.atmarkit.co.jp/channel/ipv6/inpv6.html
(the last update is July 2006)

IPv6 style (Portal site for IPv6-related articles)
http://www.ipv6style.jp/
(as of today, the server is down for some reason)

IPv6 Magazine
http://internet.impress.co.jp/ipv6/
(discontinued since 2004)

IPv6 Application Constest
http://www.v6pc.jp/apc/jp/index.html
(They are still featuring the last one held in 2005)

This is pathetic.  It's kinda noble that they spent a lot
of money for these technologies that might pay off in several
decades, but I just hope they could be a bit more realistic.
Unfortunately, we are the nation that is very susceptible
to herd psychology since WWII...

Yusuke