[nycbug-talk] IPv6 Followup

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Sun Nov 11 19:37:13 EST 2007

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007, Isaac Levy wrote:

> > 2) HUMBLING EXPERIENCES: 3) NNT Do Co Mo:
> And I'll add to that, look past the glossy IT-industry mags, and look
> over at the the IIJ... Jump on some wireless hotspots around the Tokyo
> metro area and fire up pin6, traceroute6...  you'll see what I mean...
Actually, a really good question.

a) %% wise, how many AP's were v6 enabled?

b) I have asked someone else who lived in Japan recently about v6. His
statement was "there is some. however, if you call local phone company and
ask why don't they support ipv6, the reaction is exactly the same as if
you haved called Verizon and asked about ipv6" (that is, "what is ipv6").

I'm curious about opinions of others who actually live in Japan, is there
real ipv6?

-alex