[nycbug-talk] of course you've all seen this already...

Andy Kosela andy.kosela at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:34:20 EST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 7:50 PM, Alex Pilosov <alex at pilosoft.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Andy Kosela wrote:
>
> > On Nov 26, 2007 3:23 PM, Jerry B. Altzman <jbaltz at 3phasecomputing.com>
> > wrote:
> > > http://xkcd.com/349/
> > >
> > > "If we're lucky, the sharks will stay away until we reach shallow
> > > water."
> >
> > Funny, but I honestly think it applies more to the Linux world,
> > especially old RPM world :P Anyway the dangers of upgrading are always
> > on the horizon.
> If you ever did 'make buildworld'...its just as painful as RPM, if not
> more.

Honestly I don't know about what kind of pain you are talking about :)
I never had any problems with 'make buildworld' in Security Branch and
that's what
I use on any production servers. Sometimes things can break in STABLE
or CURRENT, but
that's acceptable if you know why those branches exist.

Best regards,
Andy Kosela