[nycbug-talk] of course you've all seen this already...

Trish Lynch trish at bsdunix.net
Mon Nov 26 16:15:03 EST 2007

I thought the same thing - I've done source upgrades from 21.6 to 8.0-CURRENT and never had a hard time - I would never attempt building a complete system from Linux kernel and GNU binaries like that....

Again - apples to oranges - we're talking about building a full operating system/kernel/tools - if you want to talk about rpm upgrades - yes - maybe linux has it better than portupgrade - but I prefer to do a pkg_delete and a make && make install in a newer version port tree any day than rpm upgrade.

-Trish