[nycbug-talk] For and Against IPv6

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:09:02 EDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Marc Spitzer <mspitzer at gmail.com> wrote:

> And this makes the hosting and network transport companies money how?
> And that is
> Alex's main point how does it help me pay my rent as a business?  If
> it does not then, generally speaking, I should not do it.

Ah, but that is actually my point. The adoption of ipv6 may need to
happen most for applications that are _not_ driven by commerce and
that don't directly pay anybody's rent.

Kind of like rural electrification--there were compelling reasons for
that to happen that had nothing to do with power companies making or
losing money.

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/