[nycbug-talk] IPv6 for ISP Sales People?

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Wed Oct 17 12:33:37 EDT 2007

Wordemup Alex, All,

Regarding IPv4 availability,

On Oct 11, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Alex Pilosov wrote:
>> 1) IPv4 gives us 4billion+ addresses, vs. IPv6 and 32Undecillion+
>> addresses
> who cares as long as you can get ips

A colleague in Chicago just sent me this email (regarding our trying
to setup an IPSEC VPN tunnel to his home office):

Begin forwarded message:
> Ike,
>
> I'm curious to know what you pay to have a static IP on your home
> internet connection. My provider charges $19.95/month, which I
> think is pretty steep as I try to reduce my costs these days.
> Thoughts?

I haven't heard back, but I believe his line is a Cable connection.

In case those reading are in disbelief or denial, I'll repeat, that's
$19.95/mo for one IPv4 address to a residential location in the
downtown loop, (the heart), of Chicago.

--
As an end user and consumer of data services, I'm simply exasperated
and want IPv6 to MOVE FOREWORD on American networks.

Rocket-
.ike