[nycbug-talk] new Asus ultraportables

Steven Kreuzer skreuzer at exit2shell.com
Fri Oct 19 12:25:02 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 06:34:49PM -0400, Yarema wrote:
> --On Friday, September 07, 2007 22:21:15 -0400 Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org>
> wrote:
>
> > BTW- Lee in midtown said late-month availability on the first
> > models...  I want the cheapest model, small screen and all.
>
> The were officially announced today:
>
> http://EeePC.ASUS.com/en/product.htm
>
> Last I heard they will be sold through BestBuy and NewEgg.
> http://www.DailyTech.com/article.aspx?newsid=9268
>
> Dunno about *retail* pricing, but looks to be higher than $200 we first
> hoped for.
> The 8G looks nice with 1G RAM...
>
> --
> Yarema

In case you don't read Engadget, they have an article about it, and in one of the photos its running Windows XP

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/23/asus-eee-pc-701-exposed-in-russian-review/

And it looks like it is available in 4 configurations according to this

http://www.i4u.com/article12172.html

Finally, an eee community has sprung up and it has some good information
(Looks like it will be released Nov 1st in the US)

http://www.eeeuser.com/

--
Steven Kreuzer
http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer