[nycbug-talk] Headless FreeBSD Install

Mark Sams msams992000 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 28 19:23:04 EDT 2007

>    BSD:
>    mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/acd0a /cdrom
>    cd /cdrom && pax -rwpe . /extract-to
>
>    this will preserve hard links, and files with ``holes'' in them.
>    Run mkisofs inside the VM, too.  then burn the .iso with whatever
>    you want.
>
>    Have a look in src/release/i386/mkisoimages.sh

Thanks for the suggestions. I have an older laptop with FreeBSD loaded on it. I unpacked the disc1 image as you suggested and created an iso with mkisoimages.sh (and also made a iso using the mkisofs from the command line). I still get the same thing, a 1GB iso file with either method.

I'm obviously missing something, but I think I just need a break to look at it fresh tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help, if anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate it.