[nycbug-talk] boot problem solved

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Sun Sep 2 22:56:25 EDT 2007

Ahh, the bootloader / MBR must have accidentally been written to your
data-drives causing the confusion.  A common problem for sysinstall
newcomers.  Wont cause you any problems other than confusion.

Normally you'd get "unable to find bootable drive", and, depending on the
BIOS (award/phoenix/AMI), it would try the bootable media it comprehends
in some arbitrary order based on the alignment of the starts and the menu
at the local Thai restaurant.

God I pine for OpenFirmware.

~BAS