[nycbug-talk] Understanding sys/module.h , *module_t and *modeventhand_t

Tim A. techneck at goldenpath.org
Thu Apr 10 09:35:58 EDT 2008

> [snip]
>
> one point, I do not think the kernel include files are stored in
> /usr/include so cscope may not have them indexed.
>
> marc

diff -r /usr/src/sys/sys /usr/include/sys
Only in /usr/src/sys/sys: cscope.out
Only in /usr/src/sys/sys: syscall.mk

Besides, when I'm doing an "exhaustive" search, I'm just running cscope
in /sys/sys which should be including anywhere it could be, no? Then
look for anything related to what I'm looking for and take my clues from
there.

But what you're saying is that, where each of those files under /sys/sys
have #include <sys/whatever> (for example) when cscope runs, it's
checking those #include statements in /usr/include/sys , not /sys/sys as
I might be tempted to think, yes?