[nycbug-talk] Soekris/PCEngines-ALIX USB Bug

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Wed Aug 6 14:29:41 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I've been searching for answers, but info on lists is confusing the
heck out of me.

Essentially, I'm working with Soekris and ALIX boards- attempting to
get a straight FreeBSD install done.

I love these cheap boards, some folks around here know I've been
happily deploying PFSense and Monowall on these things all over town
for a few years.

--
Now, I'm trying to get a full FreeBSD system built on the boxes, I've
run into problems with the USB ports.  I'm open to using OpenBSD if

--
With that, the USB ports on the boards are the only well-known problem
affecting stability, so much that FreeBSD kernels are simply compiled

I would very much like to the USB ports to work on the Soekris/ALIX,
(for keyboards, CD-ROM drives, harddrives, etc...).  Here's my
questions:

1) Has anyone seen *concise* documentation on the problem, (or perhaps
a solution), before I sink time into documenting the bugs?

2) Can anyone here confirm that USB works properly on ALIX/Soekris
using OpenBSD?

Even the shortest responses or URLS sent would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
.ike