[nycbug-talk] Anti-spam services

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 12:21:10 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Francisco Reyes <lists at stringsutils.com> wrote:
> Anyone happily using an anti-spam, at the MX level, service?
> Tried Postini and although their price is very reasonable, $3/year/per
> user, their interface leaves much to be desired.
>
> In particular I am looking for something simple enough that one could let a
> non techie manage directly.
>
> One  requirement is that it must support some form of Quarantine where the
> users can check for valid messages and release them.

I've used Tuffmail since 1999. It's not overly simple--errs on the
side of comprehensive--but you get all the tools you need to fight teh
spam. I have plenty of non-techies using it, and they train their own
spam filters, but I set up and manage the account settings in most
cases.
http://www.tuffmail.com/

I know the owner, he's also the engineer and it's a FreeBSD shop.

Chris Snyder
http://chxor.chxo.com/