[nycbug-talk] Anti-spam services

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Thu Aug 21 05:57:55 EDT 2008

Hi Francisco,

On Aug 19, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Anyone happily using an anti-spam, at the MX level, service?
> Tried Postini and although their price is very reasonable, $3/year/per
> user, their interface leaves much to be desired.
>
> In particular I am looking for something simple enough that one
> could let a
> non techie manage directly.
>
> One  requirement is that it must support some form of Quarantine
> where the
> users can check for valid messages and release them.

I know it's not *quite* what you're looking for, but Loftmail's email
service includes *very* good spam filtering <http://loftmail.com/>.
They're an OpenBSD shop, (I assume spamd is part of their system but I
don't know), and the majority of the spam filtering is so good, I
barely think about it.  They also have custom rules and whitelisting
etc... available through the webmail interface, (Horde, I believe).
It's really astounding service for the price.

(Bruno, one of the Loftmail owners, is of course a long-time NYC*BUG
member!)

I've run some of my most important email accounts through Loftmail for
years now- (they used to be called BizIntegrators), and it's so good,
I rarely even think about it.

Rocket-
.ike