[nycbug-talk] CVS questions

Marco Scoffier marco at metm.org
Thu Aug 28 10:23:23 EDT 2008

Okan Demirmen wrote:
> my point is that ssh_config(5) is extremely useful, of course for far
> more than just managing keys; i only mention this for i have yet to see
> the masses understand its usefulness yet....or maybe i'm mis-informed.

I have to concur.  I log into multiple machines which run ssh on
different ports and have svn repositories I have to access using
svn+ssh.  I used to have a bunch of one-line 'ssh -p 1234 $*' for the
different machines, now I have a ssh_config set up and everything works
like magic :) it can even replace the hosts file for giving nicknames to
machines if you only ssh there.

--
Marco