[nycbug-talk] router/firewall recommendation ?

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Tue Dec 23 12:42:35 EST 2008

One of my firms is about to sublease some space in Manhattan from a
friend's company.

We need to get our own bandwidth, which is fine.

However I'd like to set up something better than just a storebought
router.

Right now there will just be 3-5 people running laptops via
wireless.  We'll likely add an NFS device.

I haven't touched any of this stuff in a long time - hoping someone
can offer advice/suggestions.

So my options right now are:
	- dd-wrt or similar
	- soekris / alix

But I haven't checked on those projects in forever.  Are they still
viable ?  Are the setup times still 1day+ ?

Thanks!