[nycbug-talk] Jails | FreeBSD | fxp0 | alias | Apache 2.2

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Sun Dec 28 10:38:10 EST 2008

Greg Robinson wrote:
> All:
>
> Re: FreeBSD 7, PCBSD, jail, internal network i.e. 192.168.1.149,
> rc.conf, alias fxp0 with said IP, Apache 2.2 in jail
>
> Issue: apache serves 192.168.1.149 to browser on computer but not to
> outside browsers, ping to 149 works
>
> Question: Anyone know of well documented how-to on Jails?
>
> My first thought on solving this problem is the pf.conf, which I want to
> approach cautiously.

Not enough info to really take a stab at it. . .

There's a decent amount out there on jails.

Anything in httpd logs?

Search for accf_http.ko jails apache and that might be it. . . it's
loaded from the host.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/04/23/freebsd-apache-http-accept-filter-error/

But just a complete stab. . . give us some more info.

Does it work without pf?  Turn it off to isolate issue . . is it apache,
the jail setup or pf?

George