[nycbug-talk] content management

Kevin Reiter KReiter at insidefsi.net
Fri Feb 29 12:18:15 EST 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Mikel King wrote:

> Content filtering of web traffic. I've been asked by a few clients lately
> that really would like to limit more than monitor what their staffers are
> accessing across the net. Unfortunately the only thing that comes to my mind
> immediately is squid.
>
> Thanks,
>

> On Feb 29, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Matt Juszczak wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by content management/filtering?
>>
>> Managing content on a website?  Filtering content on a website?  Or doing
>> end user filtering/management like a packet filter/http filter?

I second Dan's Guardian.  It's pretty easy/quick to get working, and you can pull down updates for the blacklists with one of the numerous scripts already available.  Another thing I like is that it blocks Google search results based on bad keywords/blocked sites/subjects.

You can also customize the bocked-page error page, which is pretty nice.  Keep in mind, if it's for commercial use, you need to buy a license, but it's free for home use.

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information and is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  If you are not a named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail or act upon the information contained herein.  Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.