[nycbug-talk] Is PF rdr broken in 6.2

Rodrique Heron swygue at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:22:27 EST 2008

Guys-

I'm trying to accomplish a very simple redirect using PF on FreeBSD
6.2.  I want to forward all incoming port 22 connections to a remote
server, but can't get it to work. I have this in /etc/pf.conf

host_ip="192.168.2.4"
remote_server="192.168.2.6"

rdr on em0 proto tcp from any to $host_ip port 22 -> $remote_server

pass in quick all
pass out quick all

Forwarding is enabled (net.inet.ip.forwarding: 1) even though I don't
think I need it, tcpdump shows traffic, but I'm not sure what to look for.

Also, I have a jail on this server, if I enabled it and change the rdr
rule to redirect to the jail address it works fine.

Any ideas ?

Thanks