[nycbug-talk] cfengine book

pete pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Jul 3 12:44:52 EDT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:45:35 -0400, thomas at zaph.org wrote:
> For those of you that want to follow up on Steve's presentation from
> yesterday, I recommend the cfengine book(let) from the Usenix/SAGE
> short-topics series:
>
>     http://www.sage.org/pubs/16_cfengine/
>
> If you're a SAGE member, you can view the book as a PDF for free, or you
> can purchase the booklet for $15 (non-members).
>
> It's written by the author of cfengine (Mark Burgess) and Aeleen Frisch
> (she wrote the O'Reilly sysadmin book).

That's a great pamphlet from Usenix!  I also am a fan of "Automating Unix
and Linux Administraton" by Kirk Bauer (A! Press).  Covers some basics
regarding cfengine, and there are some other useful hints in there too.
Probably a good addition to your sysadmin team room for the junior guys.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org