[nycbug-talk] non-DSL static IP

Alex Pilosov alex at pilosoft.com
Thu Mar 13 11:22:28 EDT 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Marco Scoffier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there are any options for non-DSL static IP for a
> location in not gentrified quickly enough for verizon East Williamsburg.
Umm

There are no areas of the city *without* DSL.

However, specific locations, gentrified or not may have no DSL due to
local conditions, namely "DLC" (digital loop concentrators, essentially
CO-in-a-box). That happens on upper west side as much as it happens
anywhere else.

Your other option is timewarner/cv "business class" - i think its around
75-100$/mo for service w/ static IP.

-alex