[nycbug-talk] BSD admins: set for life or a domino set waiting to happen?

matt at atopia.net matt at atopia.net
Fri Nov 7 23:11:39 EST 2008

It seems like unix jobs are in high demand. While we all have a general understanding of TCP/IP and DNS etc. Which are things unlikely to change, what's to stop someone from coming out with a replacement to unix that would make our skills immediately go to waste?

What's the future of people with skillsets like us? (my assumption is anyone on this list has at least an average and desirable understanding of unix, etc.). Will the market eventually get so diluted with unix people that it will no longer be in demand?