[nycbug-talk] NYCBSDCon 2008 Starts at the End of the Week!

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Oct 6 01:04:00 EDT 2008

NYCBSDCon is an annual BSD Unix technical conference organized by the
New York City *BSD User Group (NYC*BUG at www.nycbug.org).

Don't miss this great opportunity to expand your network amid the
tumultuous economic environment.

The conference schedule is packed with some of the best and brightest of
the *BSD projects, with topics ranging from file systems to the portable
C compiler, not to mention an array of developer and systems
administrator related meetings.

Registration is only $95 and is available at
http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/register.html.  Full-time students and
Columbia University affiliates receive the discounted rate of $50 with
proper identification.

Please note that early registration now ends on Thursday at noon, when
the conference price jumps to $145.  Registering at the conference on
Saturday will cost $195.

The conference kicks off Friday night, October 10th at 6 pm with an
informal social at Havanna Central at 2911 Broadway between 113th and
114th Streets across from Columbia University.  We encourage all
attendees, speakers and sponsors to join us that evening.

The Havanna Central will also host our social on Saturday evening, which
will feature an open bar.  The event requires your conference badge for
entry.

Attendees will have an opportunity to take the BSD Certification exam by
registering at:

https://register.bsdcertification.org//register/events/nycbsdcon

Two exams will take place over the course of the weekend, and several
Unix cram sessions will be conducted on Saturday.

We have also received the just released BSD Magazine for free
distribution at the conference.

The conference registration table opens at 8 am on Saturday.  Breakfast
and lunch will be provided to attendees on both Saturday and Sunday.

A special thanks for all of our sponsors, particularly the premier
sponsors New York Internet, DataPipe and Sun Microsystems.